After years of neglect, the saxophone quartet is rapidly regaining favor as an ensemble capable of the highest standards of musical expression. This is why many excellent composers, especially those of French origin, have written some of their best music for saxophone quartet, so that today there exists a large repertory for this ensemble, many of the best of which are included on this MMO album. Includes compositions by Pierné, Boccherini, Cailliet, Clerisse, and Hermann. Magnifique!
Includes a high-quality printed music score and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist: then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
- 1) Boccherini (arr. Cailliet)- Menuett
- 2) P. Pierné- Trois Conversations (1. Conversation Amusante: 2. Conversation Sentimentale: 3. Conversation Animée)
- 3) Hermann- Concertino: III. Allegro
- 4) Clérisse- Introduction & Scherzo
- 5) Cailliet- Fantasy & Fugue on O Susanna
- 6) Marshall- Gold Rush Suite (1: Sweet Betsy from Pike: 2: The Days of 49: 3: California Stage Coach: 4: Used-up Man: 5: What Was Your Name in the States?: 6: Lousy Miner: 7: Joe Bowers and California Bank Robbers)