In the 20th Century, the year 1998 to be exact, a new swing sound came to our music. Derived in part from the Big Bands of the Forties, and tempered by the music of such jump bands as Louis Prima and Louis Jordan, besides adopting the dress code of the hip-cats of an earlier era (Cab Calloway for instance) these bands played some great music in a more modern, flexible and fun-drenched style. Weve taken the most famous songs of these groups, and put them all on an MMO CD for your pleasure and participation.
Includes a high-quality printed music score and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist: then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
- 1) Maxwell- Put a Lid on It (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers)
- 2) Prima- Jump, Jive & Wail (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra)
- 3) Maxwell- Hell (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers)
- 4) Beatty- The Indigo Swing (style of Indigo Swing)
- 5) Setzer- This Cats on a Hot Tin Roof (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra)
- 6) Morris- You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three Tonight (Baby) (style of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
- 7) Dorame, M. & Nichols, E.- Zip Gun Bop (style of The Royal Crown Review)
- 8) Perry- Zoot Suit Riot (style of The Royal Crown Review)
- 9) Perry- The Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line (style of The Cherry Poppin Daddies)
- 10) Achor, Dorama & Nichols- Hey, Pachuco