Saxophone master Vincent Abato of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra demonstrates these beginning-level pieces on alto saxophone: then you step in and take his place, learning valuable basic techniques used by this virtuoso.
Includes a high-quality printed music score containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions: and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- 1) Mozart (transcr. Voxman)- Serenade No. 7 in D major, Haffner, KV250 (KV248b): Minuet
- 2) Borodin (arr. Walters)- Prince Igor: Polovetsian Dance
- 3) Tenaglia (arr. Maganini)- Aria Antica
- 4) Rameau (arr. Scarmolin)- La Villageoise
- 5) Ravel (arr. Walters)- Pavane pour une Infante Defunte
- 6) G. Young- Contempora Suite: III. Saraband
- 7) G. Young- Contempora Suite: IV. Gigue