In this first volume of master classes for trombone, virtuoso Per Brevig of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra demonstrates each of these wonderful solos: then you join the piano accompanist for a journey to pro level on the trombone!
Includes a high-quality printed music score annotated with performance suggestions and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- 1) Cocone (transcr. Gower)- Meditation
- 2) Mendelssohn (transcr. Trinkaus)- A Midsummer Nights Dream, op. 61: Nocturno
- 3) L.B. Smith (ed. Falcone)- Camping Out
- 4) Händel (transcr. Gower)- Saraband
- 5) Rubinstein (arr. L.B. Smith: ed. Falcone)- Romance, op. 44, no. 1
- 6) Tanner- Ballad
- 7) Frangkiser- Autumn Soliloquy
- 8) Buchtel- Apollo