A fantastic development by Yamaha and certainly a must see in our piano showroom.
This is a good quality Japanese made instrument which is 161cm in length and 149cm across the keyboard.
- Key sensors
Under each of the 88 keys is a Yamaha-unique continuous-detection grey-scale shutter key sensor. These sensors detect the movement of the keys continually, allowing natural musical expression even when the piano is in "Silent" mode. Since they do not come into contact with the keys, these sensors do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way.
- Hammer sensors
Yamaha’s Silent Piano™ are fitted with hammer sensors that allow even slow keystrokes or rapid trills that would be difficult for key sensors to detect to be read accurately. To ensure that they do not affect the feel of the keyboard in any way, Yamaha uses non-contact sensors.
- Quick escape system
Silent Piano™ features a quick escape system that allows the sound muting mechanism to be fitted to a grand piano without sacrificing any of the playability or musical expression demanded of such instruments in an acoustic performance. This system allows optimal separation to be obtained between the hammers and strings by adjusting the distance between the hammers and strings, ensuring that the feel of the keyboard stays in the best possible condition whether playing acoustically or with the sound muted.
- CFX Binaural Sampling
- For the first time ever the Silent Piano™ offers sound sampled from the Yamaha CFX full concert grand piano, supporting the beauty of its clear, vivid tones with the power of this renowned instrument.
- Yamaha’s first model with binaural sampling system, enabling reproduction of natural and three-dimensional sound.
- [ Binaural sampling system ] A recording system in which microphones are installed in the ears of a dummy (see diagram) so that the sound can be reproduced the way it is heard by the player.
- When playing in "Silent" mode, the player feels as though the CFX sounds are coming directly from the piano.
- Maximum simultaneous polyphony of 256 notes
The maximum simultaneous polyphony on the SH type is 256 notes. With the increase in maximum simultaneous polyphony CFX sampling and piano effects can be utilized more effectively for enhanced precision in sound reproduction.
- Two recording systems (Built-in recorder and USB audio recorder)
- The performance can be recorded in two different ways. It can be recorded either directly to the built-in recorder of a piano, or to a USB audio recorder, in which case the data stored in USB flash memory in WAV format can be played on a PC as well.
- Using a built-in recorder is more convenient if the players wish to listen to the recorded piece right away. It allows them to listen to the entire performance of a music piece or to go back and listen to a particular section of the piece.
- Since performances are saved in WAV format with a USB audio recorder, they can be recorded onto CDs or played on portable music players.
- Simple and easy switching to "Silent" mode with the press of a button
Height - 101 cm
Unsure if this grand piano will fit? Ask us to make a paper template so that you can try!
Delivery charges may apply depending on degree of difficulty and location. However, ground floor delivery is typically included provided access is straightforward - enquire now for details.
This piano is available to try in our showroom with many other pre-owned and new instruments to compare.
We usually have in stock over 40 new grand pianos, over 70 new upright pianos and an ever-changing supply of around 40 pre-owned acoustic pianos;
we are definitely worth a visit!
To check for the latest price, please call on 0161 834 3281 Extension 604
Other grand pianos available with silent system to compare with in our showroom at Forsyth
KAWAI GL30 KAWAI GL10 YAMAHA GB1