Schimmel C121TT TwinTone™ 'Silent' Upright Piano in Black Polyester
Catalogue No: USCH-C121T-TT-BP
Out of stock (available to order)
Upright piano by Schimmel model C121T TwinTone™ in black polyester with Schimmel's brand new silent system.
This model has proved popular with our customers over the years and produces an amazing sound that belies its size; rich full bass and a singing treble.
The silent system features high-quality samples of the K230T grand and their popular K122E upright!
All Schimmel pianos are available in a variety of wood finishes or with chrome fittings, enquire for details.
These pianos are also available with Schimmels own TwinTone™ silent system, allowing for silent piano practise with headphones. We know that all pianos are complete individuals and the exciting part of their new TwinTone™ system is that it can now be retrofitted in our own workshop for an additional £500 on the usual TwinTone™ price! You can read the specifications on their new TwinTone™ silent system through the link above.
What is TwinTone™?
The silent side of this piano is ideal for families with young children or night owls looking to practice late into the night.
The most common question regarding the silent piano is "is this a digital piano?".
Our range of silent pianos are all completely acoustic instruments; meaning that hammers are still striking strings to produce a sound and therefore have the benefit of playing a real acoustic piano, however, they also have a digital component that simply allows players the option to switch to a digital sound for "silent playing" via headphones.
Schimmels own TwinTone™ silent system, allows for silent piano practise with headphones. With the added flexibility of their innovative TwinTone™ silent system, it is the ideal instrument for busy and demanding musicians wanting to practice without disturbing others.
Schimmel has been working tirelessly to develop their very own Schimmel Silent System which features samples of their own pianos. Their brand new TwinTone™ system has now been released and is available on any of their upright pianos from the Fridolin range up to their top of the range Konzert pianos. The system has been specifically designed so that not only can it be installed in the factory, it is now also available to be retrofit to any Schimmel upright piano!! We know that all pianos are complete individuals so for an additional £500 on the usual TwinTone™ price, you can have the model you have played and loved in store.
The main features of the new TwinTone™ system are:
- Integrated touchscreen
- Piano sounds - High-quality samples of both of their Schimmel Konzert grand piano K230 and the ever-popular Konzert upright K122E.
- Additional sounds 3 x electric piano, 1 x harpsichord, 3 x organ, 2 x strings (strings can be combined with piano sounds)
- Integrated recording function and storage on microSD card
- Polyphony max. 256 (mono)
- 4 storage places for individual settings, storage security
- Display brightness, energy-saving mode (eco-mode)
- Optical sensors underneath the keys precisely catch every movement for a responsive sound
- MIDI (out) - compatible with external MIDI-devices via DiN 5-interface
- Effects - reverb, chorus, dynamics, equalizer, loudness of combined strings, damper characteristics
- Adjustable volume limitation (e.g. for protecting children from high volume)
- Quick and fine-tuning adjustable (cent and Hz)
- Integrated Metronome - timing, tempo, bell, volume
- Retrofitting capability
- MIDI-OUT DiN-5 adapter
- USP-Device MIDI-IN/OUT
- SD-Card MicroSD-Slot
- Headphone terminals (2) 3,5 mm stereo jack
- AUX-IN 3,5 mm stereo jack
- AUX-OUT 3,5 mm stereo jack
- USB for service purposes only
Each Schimmel TwinTone™ silent upright piano is supplied with a pair of Audio Technica stereo headphones!
Why Schimmel Classic?
During this years NAMM Show in California, the international piano magazine "Piano Buyer", tested Schimmel's new upright model C121.
This is what they had to say:
“Right away, the C121’s tone struck me as being exceptionally well balanced throughout the range — rich and singing, particularly in the ‘killer’ fifth
octave, so-called because of the technical difficulty in most piano designs of getting the notes of that octave to sing. In fact, the tone had long sustain and excellent clarity, and was very subtle and complex — more refined than that of its nearest competitors from Japan.”
“Solidly built, it would easily withstand the rigors of institutional use. The C 121 would be an excellent choice for churches, theaters, and venues that require a good instrument but don’t need a grand piano for solo recitals.”
“The Schimmel C 121 presents a tonally more interesting alternative [to the Yamaha U1].”
“It’s a fine piano with a wide range of applications in private home use, study, and piano teaching.”
“. . . it can provide a rewarding musical experience for the professional musician or teacher while still looking good in any room of the house.”
The new C121T is significantly more stable, which is particularly noticeable with regard to temperature and humidity sensitivity
- Reinforced pressure bars for increased tuning stability
- Reinforced keybed and cabinet design for higher resilience to climatic influences
- Reinforced iron plate – backframe design for a better tuning stability
- reinforced keyrail – keybed design for better stability during transportation/delivery.
- Mass-reduced bridge to increase tonal colours and sustain (as found in the Konzert range)
- 100% designed and made in Germany by Schimmel - BVK Certified
- Schimmel designed action made by Renner
- Impressive bass quality, out-performing many taller uprights
Height - 121 cm
Width - 150 cm
Depth - 59 cm
Weight - 249 kg
Forsyth is one of a very select handful of authorised Schimmel dealers in the UK and the only one North of the Midlands. All new Schimmel pianos supplied by us are carefully prepared to the highest standards and supplied with Schimmel's 5-year warranty and official 'Care and Maintenance' booklet.
Although we ordinarily stock these pianos we do like to sell them, so please do call ahead to check stock levels with one of our friendly piano department staff before making a special trip.
We usually have in stock over 40 new grand pianos, over 70 new upright pianos and an ever-changing supply of pre-owned acoustic pianos; we are definitely worth a visit!
Need a stool?
We have a wide selection of matching adjustable piano stools available. You can pick up either:
If you are a music teacher or a music institution, you might also be interested in the easily adjustable hydraulic piano stools also by HIDRAU