Schimmel K132T upright piano finished in mahogany polyester
Catalogue No: USCH-K132T-MP
Twintone Silent system available - please enquire
Konzert series upright piano by Schimmel model K132T in mahogany polyester.
Award winner in the French magazines Diapason and Pianiste.
The K132T is Schimmel's flagship upright piano model and offers a perfectly balanced and nuanced sound across the keyboard, allied to a precise and ultra-responsive Renner-made action of the highest quality.
Nothing beats coming in to try and to compare these pianos for yourselves in person, however, we know that this is not always a possibility. By request, we are happy to provide videos, audio recordings and can even facilitate video calls in order to help our customers to find the right instrument from where ever they may be.
Book your in-store appointment or request an audio recording now on 0161 519 1996!
Why Schimmel Konzert?
Forsyth is one of a very select handful of authorised Schimmel dealers in the UK and the only one North of the Midlands. All new Schimmel pianos supplied by us are carefully prepared to the highest standards and supplied with Schimmel's 5-year warranty and official 'Care and Maintenance' booklet.
The K132T represents the pinnacle of Schimmel's expertise in building upright pianos of the highest quality. It is the closest you can get to the experience and reward of playing a Schimmel Konzert grand in an upright casing and is made in the same part of the factory as those grands, by the company's most experienced and skilled piano builders. It is an upright with an endless capacity for tonal and dynamic variation, allied to a level of refinement that makes it an ideal instrument for a home where only the very best upright piano will do.
- Scale design is taken directly from the 280 Concert grand and, uniquely for upright pianos it has full Triplex stringing to enhance sustain in the treble and the richness of sound.
- Extraordinary dynamic range is produced by a combination of responsive Renner action custom made for Schimmel by their exacting specifications and a soundboard that incorporates “Dynamic bars”.
- The detailed clarity of sound, without the harshness that this is often associated with, is a triumph of soundboard design. Unique to the K132, the soundboard is tapered to allow for better flexibility and resonance
- Real ebony wood black key and white mineral keytops to imitate ivory allowing for a more natural and tactile feel
- Mass reduced bridges to allow more flexibility and resonance within the soundboard
- A longer key action for a more responsive touch
- Completely designed and made in Germany
Height - 132 cm
Width - 154 cm
Depth - 62 cm
Weight - 266 kg
All Schimmel pianos are available in a variety of wood finishes or with chrome fittings, enquire for details.
These pianos are also available with Schimmels own TwinTone™ silent system, allowing for silent piano practise with headphones. We know that all pianos are complete individuals and the exciting part of their new TwinTone™ system is that it can now be retrofitted in our own workshop for an additional £500 on the usual TwinTone™ price! You can read the specifications on their new TwinTone™ silent system through the link above.
Delivery charges may apply depending on degree of difficulty and location. However, ground floor delivery is typically included provided access is straightforward - enquire now for details.
Although we ordinarily stock these pianos we do like to sell them, so please do call ahead to check stock levels with one of our friendly piano department staff before making a special trip.
We usually have in stock over 40 new grand pianos, over 70 new upright pianos and an ever-changing supply of pre-owned acoustic pianos; we are definitely worth a visit!
What is TwinTone™?
The silent side of this piano is ideal for families with young children or night owls looking to practice late into the night.
The most common question regarding the silent piano is "is this a digital piano?".
Our range of silent pianos are all completely acoustic instruments; meaning that hammers are still striking strings to produce a sound and therefore have the benefit of playing a real acoustic piano, however, they also have a digital component that simply allows players the option to switch to a digital sound for "silent playing" via headphones.
Schimmels own TwinTone™ silent system, allows for silent piano practise with headphones. With the added flexibility of their innovative TwinTone™ silent system, it is the ideal instrument for busy and demanding musicians wanting to practice without disturbing others.
Schimmel has been working tirelessly to develop their very own Schimmel Silent System which features samples of their own pianos. Their brand new TwinTone™ system has now been released and is available on any of their upright pianos from the Fridolin range up to their top of the range Konzert pianos. The system has been specifically designed so that not only can it be installed in the factory, it is now also available to be retrofit to any Schimmel upright piano!! We know that all pianos are complete individuals so for an additional £500 on the usual TwinTone™ price, you can have the model you have played and loved in store.
The main features of the new TwinTone™ system are:
- Integrated touchscreen
- Piano sounds - High-quality samples of both of their Schimmel Konzert grand piano K230 and the ever-popular Konzert upright K122E.
- Additional sounds 3 x electric piano, 1 x harpsichord, 3 x organ, 2 x strings (strings can be combined with piano sounds)
- Integrated recording function and storage on microSD card
- Polyphony max. 256 (mono)
- 4 storage places for individual settings, storage security
- Display brightness, energy-saving mode (eco-mode)
- Optical sensors underneath the keys precisely catch every movement for a responsive sound
- MIDI (out) - compatible with external MIDI-devices via DiN 5-interface
- Effects - reverb, chorus, dynamics, equalizer, loudness of combined strings, damper characteristics
- Adjustable volume limitation (e.g. for protecting children from high volume)
- Quick and fine-tuning adjustable (cent and Hz)
- Integrated Metronome - timing, tempo, bell, volume
- Retrofitting capability
- MIDI-OUT DiN-5 adapter
- USP-Device MIDI-IN/OUT
- SD-Card MicroSD-Slot
- Headphone terminals (2) 3,5 mm stereo jack
- AUX-IN 3,5 mm stereo jack
- AUX-OUT 3,5 mm stereo jack
- USB for service purposes only
Each Schimmel TwinTone™ silent upright piano is supplied with a pair of Audio Technica stereo headphones!
Need a stool?
We have a wide selection of matching adjustable piano stools available. You can pick up either:
If you are a music teacher or a music institution, you might also be interested in the easily adjustable hydraulic piano stools also by HIDRAU