Princess Ida, or Castle Adamant, is a comic opera with music by Arthur Sullivan and libretto by W. S. Gilbert. It opened at the Savoy Theatre on January 5, 1884, for a run of 246 performances. By Savoy Opera standards, it was not considered a success (a particularly hot summer in London did not help ticket sales), and it was not revived in London until 1919. This was the eighth operatic collaboration of fourteen between Gilbert and Sullivan.
- Search Throughout The Panorama
- Now Hearken To My Strict Command
- Today We Meet
- From The Distant Panorama
- We Are Warriors Three
- If You Give Me Your Attention
- P’raps If You Address The Lady
- Expressive Glances
- For A Month To Dwell In A Dungeon Cell
- Towards The Empyrean Heights
- Mighty Maiden With A Mission
- Minerva! Oh, Hear Me!
- Come, Mighty Must
- Gently, Gently
- I Am A Maiden, Cold And Stately
- The World Is But A Broken Toy
- A Lady Fair, Of Lineage High
- The Woman Of The Wisest Wit
- Now Wouldn’t You Like
- Merrily Ring The Luncheon Bell
- Would You Know The Kind Of Maid?
- Death To The Invader
- Whene’er I Spoke
- I Built Upon A Rock
- When Anger Spreads His Wing
- This Helmet, I Suppose
- This Is Our Duty Plain
- With Joy Abiding.
Princess Ida (vocal score)