Book with Access to Online Audio.
Learn to improvise in the Gypsy Jazz style. Suitable even for violinists who have never improvised before, this method covers specific key aspects of the Gypsy jazz Violin style, as made famous by French jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli, who played with Gypsy jazz Guitar player Django Reinhardt. The techniques in this book are presented sequentially and the underlying music theory is introduced on a 'need to know' basis.
Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Violin includes charts of classic swing tunes such as Avalon, The Sheik of Araby and After You've Gone and includes online audio featuring authentic accompaniment tracks and model Violin performances. Because the Gypsy jazz Violin style maintains common elements of traditional classical Violin techniques such as vibrato and shifting, the book is a perfect vehicle for the classical violinist to learn to improvise without having to change their general approach to the instrument.
• Any intermediate or advanced violinist can learn to improvise in the Gypsy jazz Violin style.
• Perfectly suited to classically trained violinists because the Gypsy jazz Violin style is closely related to traditional classical Violin techniques.
• Includes charts of classic swing tunes such as Avalon, The Sheik of Araby & After You've Gone.
• The 21 lessons are carefully sequenced to introduce key components of the Gypsy jazz Violin style.
• Includes online audio with sample solos and exercises in addition to authentic Gypsy jazz Guitar accompaniment tracks.