For Viola & Basso Continuo (both Figured & Realised for Piano)
Georg Philipp Telemann's '6 Sonatinas for Viola and Basso Continuo' make a major standard work for violin available for the viola. At the federal competition 'Jugend musiziert', they have long since become an inherent part of the repertoire list for string instruments. The original cycle 'Sei Suonatine per Violino e Cembalo' dates back to 1718. This volume is based on the original edition. The viola part has been prepared for practical use. Being classic examples of the 'mixed taste', the sonatinas superbly combine Italian and French stylistic elements.
- Sonatine G major (Nr. 1 TWV 41:A 2)
- Sonatine Bb major (Nr. 2 TWV 41:B 2)
- Sonatine D major Nr. 3 TWV 41:D 2)
- Sonatine A major (Nr. 4 TWV 41:G 3)
- Sonatine E major(Nr. 5 TWV 41:E 1)
- Sonatine F major (Nr. 6 TWV 41:F 1)