Saßmannshaus, Egon:Saßmannshaus, Kurt
Bärenreiters Sassmannshaus - The Sassmannshaus Tradition. Early Start on the Cello, Volume 3
Elementary duets. Dances and other pieces in various keys
Einführungspreis bis 30.06.10, danach: 12,95 EUR / 25,90 CHF
Instrumentation: 2 Violoncello
* For more than three decades the ‘Sassmannshaus Tradition’ has been the household name for excellence in beginner string methods in German-speaking countries
For more than three decades the ‘Sassmannshaus Tradition’ has been the household name for excellence in beginner string methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play string instruments using this publication.
The publication of the four violin books in 2008 in a fully adapted English version has been a big success.
On the back of this success story Bärenreiter has now published the four books for cello in a newly adapted version for today’s English speaking children.
What makes this cello method so unique?
- The leading German cello method now available in English.
- Large print notes and texts as well as many colourful illustrations are ideal for pre-school as well as school children.
- Note reading is emphasised from the first lesson, encouraging ensemble playing from the very beginning.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily mastered within the first year of playing to ensure that children are not confined to first position playing.
- Advanced cello techniques such as varied bow strokes and shifting are introduced in a basic form
“The early emphasis on ensemble playing and the many duos in this method are so much fun for the kids. They pick up important chamber music skills right from the beginning!”
(Peter Winograd and Laurie Carney, American String Quartet)
The Half Step Is Between The Third And Fourth Fingers
The Half Step Is Between The First And Second Fingers
The Second And Third Finger Patterns
Extended Finger Pattern Moves Upward
Alternating Normal And Extended Finger Patterns
High First Position
Duets In Various Keys With Alternatiung Finger Patterns
Early Start on the Cello Bk3