For Solo Piano.
Barenreiter Urtext Edition.
Schubert composed his great Piano Sonata in A major just a few months before his untimely death in 1828. The balance this work strikes between lyrical melody, emotional intimacy and pianistic brilliance makes it a highlight among his sonatas, not least because of its poetic “Andantino”.
This scholarly-critical edition by Walburga Litschauer is based on the Urtext of the “New Schubert Edition” and uses the autograph manuscript as the prime source. The edition is rounded off by a new foreword, valuable notes on performance practice as well as a Critical Commentary with information on performance-relevant alternative readings and Schubert’s notation of accents.
Schubert’s drafts of the A major Sonata can be accessed on Bärenreiter’s website.
- Edited on the basis of the “New Schubert Edition”
- Newly engraved scholarly-critical performing edition
- Notes on performance practice (Ger/Eng)
- Access to Schubert’s drafts on the Bärenreiter website
- New foreword (Ger/Eng) and a Critical Commentary (Eng)