24 Works for Solo Piano (or other Keyboard Instruments).
Handel, Telemann, Couperin et al.
Book & CD
The early music specialist and harpsichordist, Robin Bigwood presents the first in a series of four volumes dedicated to keyboard music from the Baroque period. Featuring a variety of interesting solo pieces, this collection includes works by well-known figures as well as lesser-known and rarely available pieces from a range of composers.
Suitable for students of ca.2-3 years of playing experience, this book includes composer biographies and teaching notes on each piece, together with a CD recording of all works performed by Robin Bigwood.
- J.-P. Rameau: Menuet en Rondeau
- C. de Seixas: Minuete
- H. Purcell: Prelude
- H. Purcell: Minuet
- H. Purcell: A New Irish Tune
- J.C.F. Fischer: Praeludium harpeggiato
- J. Blow: Gavot
- Anonymous: Musette
- G.F. Händel: Impertinence
- J. Barrett: Minuet
- G.F. Händel: Sarabande
- N. Pasquali: Air from Judas Macchabeus
- D. Buxtehude: Saraband
- C. Balbastre: Joseph est bien marié
- J.P. Kirnberger: Minuetto in Contrap, alla 8
- Durocher: Prelude
- Durocher: La Joyeuse
- Durocher: Tamborin
- A.H. Wenck: Andante
- G.P. Telemann: Fantasie D Major TWV 33:14 (Gravement
- D. Scarlatti: Sonata K. 322
- F. Couperin: Le Petit-Rien