Book 5 - Piano solo. A collection of pieces which have been set for the Associated Boards piano exams over the years- three series each containing five graded volumes and reflecting the wide variety of pieces on the syllabuses- the series concentrate on the baroque and romantic sections of the syllabus.
* Ilynsky Berceuse in Gb, Op. 13 No. 7
* J. S. Bach French Suite No. 4 in Eb, BWV 815: 1st movement, Allemande
* Franz Liszt arr. Howard Ferguson Hungarian Folksong No. 2 in G, S. 245/2
* Robert Schumann Impromptu in D minor: No. 1 from ‘Albumblatter’, Op. 124
* Frederik Chopin Prelude in Ab, Op. posth.
* Skryabin Prelude in E minor, Op. 11 No. 4
* Ludwig van Beethoven Rondo in A, WoO 49
* Isaac Albéniz Rumores de la Caleta (Murmurs from the day): No. 6 from ‘Recuerdos de viaje’, Op. 71 (Travel Impressions)
* C. P. E. Bach Sonata in D minor, Wq. 57/4: 3rd movement, Allegro
* D. Scarlatti Sonata in G, Kp. 2, L. 388
* Felix Mendelssohn Song without Words, Op. 102 No. 3 (Presto in C)
* Daquin Suite No. 3: 1st movement, Le Coucou (The Cuckoo)
* Johannes Brahms Waltz in E, Op. 39 No. 2