* The fourth volume of the well-established Urtext edition includes compositions for three manual organ from Dubois’ period as o
The fourth volume of the well-established Urtext edition includes compositions for three manual organ from Dubois’ period as organist at the Church of La Madeleine in Paris, alongside Vol. II and Vol. III. “The Douze Pièces Nouvelles” and the ”Offertoire pour la fête de l’Ascension” (also known as Ascendit Deus) have a clear formal structure, and, like many other works by the master, reflect his desire to create works which could be performed equally well in church services or the concert hall.
As with the previously published volumes in the series, this includes facsimiles, a detailed foreword with a brief biography, and information on the instrument and performance practice, together with a Critical Commentary in three languages (German, English and French) and a list of sources.
- First Urtext edition of the organ works of Théodore Dubois
- Represents the latest musicological research
- Music for church or concert hall performance
- DETAILED FOREWORD, CRITICAL COMMENTARY (GERMAN, ENGLISH AND FRENCH) AND FACSIMILES
“…incredibly good value…” (Music Reviews 2008)
Théodore Dubois - Eine biographische Würdigung
Organist an der Kirche La Madeleine
DOUZE PIECES NOUVELLES pour orgue (1893)
ASCENDIT DEUS, Offertoire pour la fête de lAscension (1902)
Complete Organ Works Bk4