Boots Randolph is a modern day legend in music. As a tenor saxophonist he’s appeared with every major Nashville artist of the past 40 years. Artists such as Elvis, Roy Orbison, Chet Atkins, Buddy Holly, Floyd Cramer, Alabama, Johnny Cash – the list is almost endless. He does more than just play the saxophone. More than just pop out music notes. His sax sounds like it can sing, can talk, can almost speak to deaf ears. His ability is awesome. His versatile style has no equal. Boots is here presenting a program of Nashville Classics with a rhythm section, first playing each piece, and then stepping aside for the at-home player to take the solo role.
Includes a newly engraved, high-quality printed solo part for both B-flat and E-flat instruments: and a CD containing digital stereo complete versions of each tune and another version of the accompaniment minus the soloist.
- 1) Willie Nelson- Crazy
- 2) Arnold/Walker- You Dont Know Me
- 3) Cramer- Last Date
- 4) Breeland/Nelson/Buskirk- Night Life
- 5) Goell & Craig (m&l) (arr. Riddle)- Near You
- 6) Putnam- Green, Green Grass of Home
- 7) Jennings/Nelson- Good Hearted Woman
- 8) Howard- Busted
- 9) Schack/Friday/Tyler/Toussaint- Java
- 10) Parton- 9 to 5
- 11) Orbison/Melson/Bush- Pretty Woman
- 12) Randolph/Rich- Yakety Sax