Listen as extraordinary virtuoso Vincent Abato of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra takes you further into the advanced repertoire with these spectacular sax selections. Listen to his masterful interpretations, examine his performance suggestions, then you step in and make magic with Harriet Wingreen, legendary piano accompanist for the New York Philharmonic. This digitally remastered master class includes slow-tempo practice versions of the Schubert LAbeille and the Allegro from Rabauds Solo de Concours.
Includes a high-quality printed music score containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions: and a digitally remastered compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- 1) Schubert- LAbeille (The Bee)
- 2) Schubert- LAbeille (The Bee) (slow practice version)
- 3) Rabaud (arr. and ed. Gee)- Solo de Concours (Moderato-Largo-Allegro)
- 4) Rabaud (arr. and ed. Gee)- Solo de Concours: Allegro section (slow practice version)
- 5) Creston- Sonata for Alto Saxophone, op. 19: II. With Tranquility
- 6) Creston- Sonata for Alto Saxophone, op. 19: III. With Gaiety