Vincent Abato of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra takes you further into the repertoire for intermediate alto saxophone: listen to this master perform each piece, read his suggestions on performance and interpretation: then you step in and hone your skills with a professional accompanist!
Includes a high-quality printed music score containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions: and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- 1) J.S. Bach (transcr. Leeson)- Suite in D Major: Air
- 2) Platti (transcr. Hervig)- Sonata No. 5: III. Allegro assai
- 3) Mozart (transcr. Webb)- Sonatina (transcribed from the Sonata for Piano in C major, KV545)
- 4) Ambrosio, Alfredo d (arr. Herman A. Hummel)- Canzonetta, op. 6
- 5) Moussourgsky (ed. Teal)- Pictures at an Exhibition: The Old Castle
- 6) Francaix- Cinq Danses Exotiques: III. Mambo (Allegrissimo)
- 7) Francaix- Cinq Danses Exotiques: IV. Samba lenta (Tranquillo)
- 8) Francaix- Cinq Danses Exotiques: V. Merengue (Vivo con spirito)
- 9) Francaix- Cinq Danses Exotiques: V. Merengue (Vivo con spirito) (slow practice version)