This second album of historic recordings continues with a fabulous collection of standards, including Jeepers Creepers, Just One of Those Things, and many more. Your backgrounds for these classics are created by legends Don Abney (piano): Mundell Lowe and Jimmy Raney (guitar): Oscar Pettiford and Wilbur Ware (bass): and Kenny Clarke and Bobby Donaldson (drums). Includes sheet music for E-flat, B-flat and Bass Clef instruments. A true time machine to the greatest days of jazz accompaniments, in digitally remastered sound so real you can touch it! Includes slow-tempo versions of several songs to help you get up to speed!
Includes a high-quality printed music book with parts for B-flat, E-flat and bass-clef instruments: and two compact discs featuring each piece performed with soloist, then again with accompaniments only, minus the soloist: and selected accompaniments in a slow-tempo practice version.
- 1) Ruskin, Harry & Sullivan, Henry (m&l)- I May Be Wrong (But I Think Youre Wonderful) [from the 1929 revue ]
- 2) Mercer & R.A. Whiting (m&l)- Too Marvelous for Words
- 3) J. Green (m): Heyman (l)- I Cover the Waterfront
- 4) Swift & James (m&l)- Fine and Dandy
- 5) Warren, Harry & Mercer (m&l)- Jeepers Creepers
- 6) Rochberg (m&l)- My Heart Stood Still
- 7) Coots & Gillespie (m&l)- You Go to My Head
- 8) Porter (m&l)- Just One of Those Things
- 9) Meyer (m): R.W. Kahn (m): Caesar (l)- Crazy Rhythm
- 10) Swan (m&l)- When Your Lover Has Gone
- 11) Nemo (m&l)- Dont Take Your Love From Me
- 12) Gershwin (m): Ira Gershwin (l)- Strike Up the Band