Modern Swing burst upon the recording scene in 1998, began on the West Coast and soon consumed the entire country. As will be noted in these ten songs, any similarity to mid-century swing has been laid to rest, with the arrangements and the more rock-oriented stylings of these six bands, the vanguard of what has become a new and major force in American music.
Includes a high-quality printed music book with drum charts and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist: then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
- 1) Maxwell- Put a Lid on It (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers)
- 2) Prima- Jump, Jive & Wail (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra)
- 3) Maxwell- Hell (style of The Squirrel Nut Zippers)
- 4) Beatty- The Indigo Swing (style of Indigo Swing)
- 5) Setzer- This Cats on a Hot Tin Roof (style of The Brian Setzer Orchestra)
- 6) Morris- You and Me and the Bottle Makes Three Tonight (Baby) (style of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy)
- 7) Dorame, M. & Nichols, E.- Zip Gun Bop (style of The Royal Crown Review)
- 8) Perry- Zoot Suit Riot (style of The Royal Crown Review)
- 9) Perry- The Ding Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line (style of The Cherry Poppin Daddies)
- 10) Achor, Dorama & Nichols- Hey, Pachuco