This great collection of brass pieces are presented to you here by The New York Brass Quintet: Robert Nagel (first trumpet), Allan Dean (second trumpet), John Swallow (trombone), Paul Ingraham (french horn), and Thompson Hanks (tuba). The selection on this album are encore pieces, which have met with great success wherever the Quintet has performed. We have added a percussion part to further enhance the bright, contemporary sound. Here are opportunities for bold crescendos and decrescendos as in Impressions of a Parade, Latin rhythms, blues, folk materials and marches: special effects such as in Camptown Races and serious works by Alec Wilber and Jack End: a program which is a veritable bag of tricks for the brass player. So break out your horn and join us—welcome to the group!
Includes a high-quality printed music score and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist: then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
- 1) Lebow- Popular Suite: 1. Lazy Blues
- 2) Lebow- Popular Suite: 2. Boogie Brasses
- 3) Lebow- Popular Suite: 3. Mambo for Five
- 4) Lebow- Popular Suite: 4. Brass Bop
- 5) End- Three Salutations
- 6) Alec Wilder- Brass Quintet No. 2
- 7) Eastburn (arr. Rosenthal)- Little Brown Jug
- 8) This Old Man (march)
- 9) Uber- A Day at the Camptown Races
- 10) Uber- Beachcombers Dance
- 11) Wechter, Julius: Coleman, Ervan (arr. Alpert, Herb)- Tijuana Brass (medley: Spanish Flea/Tijuana Taxi)
- 12) Samuel Baron- Impressions of a Parade