Here is a collection of trumpet solos drawn from every corner of the symphonic repertoire, from Baroque to Late Romantic (Wagner, Bruckner). Every aspect of the orchestral trumpeter’s world is explored. Master trumpeter Peter Piacquadio is your guide as you listen to his interpretations of these classic works: then he steps aside and gives you have the opportunity to practice and perform these with full orchestra in the comfort of your own home!
Includes a high-quality printed music score and a compact disc containing a complete performance in split-channel stereo, with the soloist on the right channel: and a second performance in full stereo minus the soloist.
- 1) Händel- The Water Music, HWV348 (Andante Allegro: Allegro maestoso - Hornpipe: Lentemente: Pomposo)
- 2) Bruckner- Symphony No. 3 in D minor (Allegro moderato)
- 3) Brahms- Academic Festival Overture, op. 80 (two excerpts: Allegro: Maestoso)
- 4) Suppé- Overture to Light Cavalry
- 5) Mendelssohn- Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage, op. 27
- 6) Wagner- Rienzi, der Letzte der Tribunen, WWV49: Overture