Band Expressions, Book Two Student Edition - Trumpet - Trumpet - Expressions Music Curriculum™
Learning was never so much fun! If youre looking for a revolutionary band curriculum that builds solid musicianship while motivating your students to practice throughout the year, then youve found it! This full band curriculum is sound in its pedagogy, written by leading young band composers and educators, including Robert W. Smith and Michael Story. The integration of important songs from the band world, that are both familiar and fun to play, is one of the stellar aspects of this course.
Throughout the book, students experience music from a veritable \"whos who\" list of great band composers. Theyll discover the musical contributions of Henry Fillmore, Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Clare Grundman, Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Scott Joplin, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and Igor Stravinsky.
Some of the notable features include
* A wonderful variety of melodies that span various styles and periods, including many popular themes students will know today
* A 78-track CD in each student book with accompaniments for various songs and exercises throughout the lesson book
* Professional recordings in diverse styles keep practice fun
* Four comprehensive score/teacher volumes with guided lessons, related activities and supplementary experience ideas
* Historical notes and biographies on some of the most notable composers of band music
* A percussion book that exposes students to learning and performing on more than 25 different instruments
* Develops composition, arranging, improvisation, and ear training, as well as music reading skills
* Reproducible worksheets and overhead transparencies to enhance classroom and home learning
* Includes 11 full band pieces written by Michael Story and Robert W. Smith, including Star Wars® (Main Title) in book 2
* Teacher CDs that includes accompaniments, ear training, and lesson-related listening activities for the students
Your students will love playing along w
Band Expressions™ provides music educators at all levels with easy-to-use, exciting tools to meet daily classroom challenges and bring new vibrancy and depth to teaching music. The lessons were written based on the National Standards for the Arts in Music -- not retrofitted to the Standards. The program is both music literacy-based and literacy driven -- based on music literacy while satisfying reading and writing mandates in band class.
Unique Features of Band Expressions™ include:
* Sequenced introduction of percussion instruments to allow not only traditional concert percussion, but also keyboard, accessory, and world percussion
* Existing, well-known supplements, such as The Art of Playing, (101) Rhythmic Rest Patterns, and Treasury of Scales
* Preparation for other musical ensembles and experiences
* Nine full-band pieces by Robert W. Smith and Michael Story
Each Student Edition includes an accompaniment CD recorded live with authentic instruments featuring songs that motivate students to practice. The books feature attractive full-color interiors with easy-to-read notes.
Series: Expressions Music Curriculum™
Instrument / Category: Trumpet
Number of Pages: 56
Year of Publication: 2005
Product Type: Method/Instruction:Series
Ensemble: Concert Band
Band Expressions 2 Trumpet
Symphonic wind band