For first AS examination in June 2009 and A2 examination in June 2010
Written by the Chair of Examiners for Edexcel GCE Music Technology and GCSE Music, this new edition includes clear explanations of mark schemes and requirements, including full guides to what the examiner is looking for and explanations of how your students can gain full marks.
Special features include:
- How to use sequencing software to create MIDI files and integrate live recordings
- A guide to popular music styles since 1910, including blues, rocknroll, punk and dance
- Information about production techniques, MIDI, processing, using effects
- A guide to the variety of recording equipment and how to use it to create and mix a professional recording
- Full explanations of the different types of microphone and detailed recording techniques for common instruments
- Guides to composing music for film and television, electro-acoustic music, and popular songs
This Study Guide also illustrates how to transcribe, arrange and sequence a song - recreating the original or making your own version. Your students will also discover what to expect in the exam: what they need to know, how to answer the questions and how to present their answers.