The Unbeaten Tracks series has made a profound mark on the music world with its volumes of specially commissioned pieces for intermediate-level players. The eight pieces in this volume are written in a kaleidoscopic mix of styles by some of todays most talented composers and are undoubtedly destined to become standard repertoire. There are also small Biopics about each composer. These give titbits of information about the composers inspiration and intention for their piece and offer musicians a greater insight into the music.
- Sam Haydn: Exordium
- Dominic Muldowney: Two-Tone Tattoo
- Antony Pitts: A Partridge In A Pear-Tree In A Cd-Player
- Deborah Pritchard: Ascent
- Fraser Trainer: Blue Green Stell
- Peter Wiegold: Procession
- John Woolrich: Prelude And Cazonetta.
Unbeaten Tracks (trumpet and piano)