What We Say
The T184 is an interesting proposition from Eastman. Superficially similar to the small bodied Gibson ES336 and 339 models, the Eastman T184 combines a scaled down ES style body with a carved top and back. The bridge and tailpiece are supported by a small maple block but otherwise the guitar is hollow, so it's nice and light whist maintaining a 335 character to the sound. Eastman use gorgeous woods on these and it's a real looker. The 1 3/4" nut width is nice and roomy and the small body is very comfortable to sit with if you find 335 style guitars a bit on the big side.
What They Say
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius:12"
- Neck Profile:Traditional Even "C"
- Nut:Bone 1 3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height:.022"
- 12th Fret String Height:Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire:22 Medium Jumbo Jescar 47104
- Scale Length:25"
- Body Style:14" Thinline
- Body Dimensions:14" x 1 3/4"
- Body Top:Solid Maple
- Body Back/Sides:Solid Mahogany
- Truss Rod:Single Acting
- Binding:Body, Neck, Headstock
- Binding Material:Flamed Maple
- Logo:Pearl Headstock
- Inlay:Pearl Dots
- Hardware Color:Nickel
- Bridge:Gotoh Tunomatic
- Tuners:Gotoh SG301-04
- Knobs:Amber Speed Knobs
- Neck Pickup:Seymour Duncan 59's
- Bridge Pickup:Seymour Duncan 59's
- Pickup Height:3/32" bass side, 3/32" treble side
- Pickup Frame:Black Plastic
- 3 Way Switch:Switchcraft
- Switch Tip:Amber Switchcraft
- Potentiometers:500K AudioTaper
- Output Jack:Switchcraft
- Strings:D’Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Case:Hardshell Case