Forsyths, the long established music shop in central Manchester, requires an enthusiastic, reliable and trustworthy person to join its accounts team. The position is part time (about 25 hours per week) and would allow for flexible working hours around 9.30am-3pm Monday to Friday.
• Counting and reconciling daily till takings (cash and card payments)
• Assisting purchase and sales ledger staff, including:
• Maintaining stationary stocks
• Assisting in answering the switchboard
• Taking messages and helping with bookings/orders for piano tuning and music publishing departments
The applicant should have
• Good numeracy skills
• Computer literacy (including the ability to use Excel)
• A good clear telephone manner
• Ability to see a task through to completion
The applicant would ideally also have
• Experience of book-keeping with or without qualifications
• Experience of cash reconciliation
• An interest in music / musical instruments
Training will be given on the job so prior experience is not essential.
Forsyths is one of the UKs largest (over 15,000 sq ft over 5 floors) and longest established music shops. We are in the busy shopping district of city centre Manchester.
This position is particularly suitable for a parent with school age children as it could be during the normal school day hours.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the job and a current cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Forsyth Brothers Ltd, 126 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2GR
Closing date:- Monday 27th January Interviews: week of 3rd February Start date:- ASAP